The aims of the Preparatory Department through its curriculum are to:
1. provide a caring supportive and orderly environment where children can learn and be happy.
2. develop the personal, social and academic potential of all pupils in a small, caring environment.
3. provide a caring community where small class sizes ensure individual attention.
4. catering for individual needs in small, well equipped classes.
5. provide opportunities/work that is matched to the ability of the child.
6. encourage in all pupils the attitudes and concepts of respect, and equality.
7. provide opportunities for pupils to develop self esteem and confidence in themselves as learners.
8. develop in all pupils the self discipline to achieve personal skills, thinking and learning skills, ICT skills and physical skills.
9. provide a wide range of out of school activities to interest all children in the school.
10. be aware of the community outside the school and to provide opportunities for the children to take part in activities within the wider community.